The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in this country. We provide a milestone of accomplishments that support the connection to effective engagement and academic achievement for all children.
The Roberts Elementary PTO is a group of parents and teachers whose goal is to make every child’s potential a reality.
Learn more about our great school! Visit the Roberts Elementary School website.
Looking to pay your membership fee or donate to our PTO?
Register or login to pay your annual membership fee. Click the button below to make a general donation.
The Roberts ES PTO is organized exclusively to ensure that our students have every academic advantage necessary to achieve educational excellence.
To develop a partnership between teachers, administrators, staff and parents to ensure all children reach their highest potential in academic, physical, mental and social education.
- Support the educational needs of each Roberts student.
- Reinforce Roberts’ Mission of knowledge, leadership and service.
- Foster a positive and encouraging atmosphere for our children.
- Unite our students, administrators, teachers, staff and parents as one community and encourage school spirit and pride.
- Promote an open communication between our students, teachers, administrators and parents.
- Assist the efforts of our teachers, administrators and staff.
- Encourage parental involvement in our school.
- Raise funds to continuously improve educational opportunities and promote academic, cultural and enrichment activities.
Integrity. We strictly adhere to a code of moral values and act consistently with them.
Collaboration. We choose to cooperate and work together in order to achieve our shared goals.
Accountability. We are accountable for our activities and accept responsibility for them.
Transparency. Our practices, transactions and agreements are open to all for verification.
Respect. We show regard and admiration for our colleagues, school personnel, students and partners.
Inclusivity. Our organization is open to everyone and we deliberate promote their participation.
Diverseness. We acknowledge, promote and celebrate our diversity.
Meet Our Board
If you want to volunteer to be a member of one of the committees below, please click on the e-mail link to the PTO VP responsible for the committee below.
Don’t have time to commit to a committee? The PTO is always in need of extra volunteers to participate in PTO-sponsored events. If you would like to be included in a general volunteer list, please visit our volunteer sign-up page for more information.
- Academic Programs (Delia Lomeli) – Coordinates the cluster-wide Academic Fair and Math/Science events and in-school field trips/programs for students..
- Arts in Education (Chantelle Russell) – Coordinates programs that enhance AKS and expose our children to dance, drama, visual arts, music and literature.
- Bucks for Bulldogs Fundraiser (Board) – Coordinates the largest fundraising campaign to provide resources and enrichments for Roberts students.
- Bulldog Bash Carnival (Kelly Osborn) – Coordinates all activities associated with the Bulldog Bash carnival and fundraiser event.
- Communications Committee (Nikki Sowter) – all PTO communication outlets and calendar/events.
- Community Service (Kelly Osborn) – Coordinates school-wide community service efforts, including food, winter coat and toy drives.
- Earning for Learning (Mike Hansen) – Coordinates programs with various businesses to earn money and/or equipment for the school. Programs include Publix Cards, Kroger Cards, Box Tops for Education, and Campbell Soup Labels.
- Environmental/Earth Day (Kelly Osborn) - Works with Science teacher to coordinate Earth Day activities and school beautification. Also coordinates Walk to School Day.
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation (Chantelle Russell) – Coordinates events that recognize the faculty and staff throughout the year.
- Fifth Grade (Heather Humrich) – Organizes special activities for the fifth grade throughout the year as well as the end of year celebration. Works with the school to help with graduation.
- Health, Safety and Nutrition (Kelly Osborn) – PTO liaison to the School Clinic. Coordinates Red Ribbon Week and coordinates a first aid station for Field Days. Also coordinates other student activities that encourage healthy living – like Be Active/Caught Eating Healthy/Keep Germs Away weeks.
- Membership (Nikki Sowter) – Coordinates PTO membership drives throughout the year to encourage parents, grandparents, and the community to join our PTO.
- Men’s Club (Heather Humrich) – Coordinates and oversees activities that involve dads, uncles, granddads, and male neighbors to be involved in school related issues and activities.
- Multicultural Committee (Delia Lomeli) – Celebrates and connects the diverse cultures in our school community. Coordinates the translation of PTO flyers and other communications and organizes Roberts International Night.
- Room Parents (Jessica Malady / Genevieve Nelson) – Coordinates and oversees school-wide room parent responsibilities. Liaises between classroom teachers and parents to ensure good communication and help meet teacher needs. This committee has 2 co-chairs. Each co-chair is responsible for three grade levels.
- Special Events (Chantelle Russell) – Coordinates Family Fun Nights and events that bring the school community together.
- Spirit Nights (Mike Hansen) – Coordinates fun Spirit Nights and Days with PTO business partners.
- Spirit Wear (Heather Humrich) – Coordinates and oversees the sale of school wear and spirit wear items such as t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, etc.
- Yearbook (Delia Lomeli) – Attends school events to take pictures to provide for the yearbook and scrapbook. Oversees sales and layout of the yearbook.
All volunteers must have a Guidelines and Confidentiality Agreement on file with Roberts PTO.