5th Grade Programs
Dear 5th Grade Parents,
Welcome to the start of the 2019-2020 school year! We hope it will be an amazing year for our 5th Graders as they prepare to move on to Middle School.
The 5th Grade Committee has planned activities throughout the year such as a service project benefiting Discovery High School, the 5th Grade vs. Faculty Basketball Game, and a dance party, as well as a couple of fun fundraisers. We will kick off with a Rita’s Ice Social on August 16th - look out for the flyer in Friday folders. To help support these activities, we are asking for $15 per student, which will also cover the cost of a 5th Grade T-shirt. This can be paid at Open House, Curriculum Night, or sent in by check with your student to his/her teacher. You can also pay the fee online. We will be collecting t-shirt size information in the classroom on a later date.
Please stay up to date on announcements and other information by joining our Facebook page, Roberts 5th Grade 2019-2020. We have also created a special email to share pictures, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to pay fee.
Interested in volunteering? We need a lot of help executing these programs throughout the year. Contact VP Heather Humrich.
Note: Our fee is separate from the school’s $20 activity fee to cover the winter and spring celebrations for each child across all grade levels.
Attention 5th Grade Students!
Enter the 2019-2020 “10th Anniversary” Yearbook Cover Contest
Enter the chance to have YOUR ARTWORK COVER DISPLAYED on the FRONT OF your last Roberts Elementary YEARBOOK.
Contest Artwork Criteria:
· Must incorporate the yearbook theme: “10th anniversary” into your design.
· Must be on 8.5” x 11” white paper (fill the page with your artwork as much as possible).
· Must include the text “Roberts Elementary School 2019 - 2020” in the design.
· Must include Roberts Core Values words: Knowledge, Service, Leadership and Community in the design. Consider the meaning of the 10th anniversary for Roberts and the core values that define our school.
· Mix up your medium (marker, crayon, paint, pencil color, watercolor, collage (if it's flat to the paper), etc. If done in pencil, make sure it is traced over with pen or marker to display correctly.
♦The Top 3 finalists will be voted on by your fellow peers.
♦ They winning design will be on the front of the yearbook cover!
♦ The winner will receive a FREE copy of the yearbook with foil engraved name!
Submit all entries in a manila envelope to the front office, with your name and teacher at the top right corner, attention to PTO Yearbook Cover Contest.
Deadline for entries: Friday November 22nd, 2019
Questions and comments, go to email@example.com